The Best Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
Elevate weekend brunch with Nutella Stuffed Pancakes. This impressive yet simple recipe is sure to be a hit and a new special breakfast tradition. Nothing says weekend treat more than warm Nutella oozing out of fluffy pancakes.
Who doesn’t love Nutella? The creamy chocolate hazelnut spread is a treat in our home and pancakes are a special weekend treat, so combining the two together seemed like a perfect idea. This Nutella pancake recipe is so simple to make and a creative way to enjoy homemade brunch. It's also a special holiday or birthday breakfast recipe!
I love to eat these pancakes with my Simple & Quick Berry Compote instead of maple syrup, but they are amazing any way you eat them. If unique pancakes are a staple in your home, try Funfetti Pancakes with Vanilla Glaze next time!
This Nutella pancakes recipe can be made into Nutella banana pancakes by slicing bananas on top! It's a fun summer breakfast idea, Christmas breakfast idea, or a special birthday breakfast ideas for kids and adults alike. This easy pancake recipe will be a favorite all year round.
What You Will Need:
- Nutella - Duh.
- Pancake batter of choice - I like to use this one from Kodiack Cakes for an added boost of protein and fewer carbs.
- Butter or non-stick cooking spray
- Simple & Quick Berry Compote or maple syrup for topping
Let's Make The Best Nutella Stuffed Pancakes!
If you haven't had your morning coffee yet, no worries! These 4 ingredient pancakes are super simple to make.
You need to start preparing for this recipe the night before (or at least an hour before you plan to cook). The first step is to freeze Nutella into disks.
The night before I want to make Nutella Stuffed Pancakes, I scoop a big tablespoon of Nutella on to a flexible cutting board and form it in the shape of a round disk. Do this for as many pancakes as you plan to make and pop them in the freezer overnight or for at least an hour until the Nutella is frozen solid.
Next, make your pancake batter. You don't want the batter to be too watery. Heat the pan or griddle and use the butter or a non-stick spray to make sure the batter doesn't stick. Just like you would make a regular pancake, spoon out a round dollop on the pan.
Get a Nutella disk from the freezer and place it in the center of your pancake mix. Then, spoon another dollop of pancake batter on top of the Nutella disk to cover it up.
On medium-high heat, cook the pancake until the bottom is light brown. Then gently flip the Nutella filled pancake and cook the other side until finished. Voila! Now you have fluffy, golden chocolate pancake perfection! It's that simple!
Try This: While making the pancakes, in a separate saucepan, make this Simple & Quick Berry Compote. The richness of the Nutella Pancakes goes well with berries!
More Recipes to Try:
The Best Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
- Griddle (or large skillet)
- Pancake batter of choice - Make double the amount, so if you are making 4 pancakes, make enough batter for 8 pancakes.
- 4 Tablespoons of Nutella
- 1 Tablespoon of butter, or non-stick cooking spray
- Toppings: Simple and Quick Berry Compote, berries, and/or maple syrup
- The night before (or at least 1 hour before making) scoop a big tablespoon of Nutella on to a flexible cutting board or plate. Form it in the shape of a round disk. Put disks in the freezer until the Nutella is frozen solid.
- Make pancake batter according to package directions.
- Heat the pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Melt butter or spray the pan before adding the pancake mix so it doesn't stick.
- Spoon a round dollop of pancake batter on the pan.
- Get a Nutella disk from the freezer and place it in the center of the pancake batter on the pan. Then, spoon another dollop of pancake batter on top of the Nutella disk.
- Cook the pancake until the bottom is golden, about 3 minutes. When the bottom is cooked through, gently flip the pancake and cook another 3 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for each pancake you make. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply