Sweet and savory, Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms with Garlic and Thyme is one of my favorite side dishes to serve at a dinner party or a cozy dinner at home. Not only is this dish flavorful and delicious, but it makes for a beautiful presentation as well.
Looking for another side dish to add to your table, try simple and delicious Air Fryer Green Beans.
Roasting the vegetables gives the carrots and mushroom a sweet flavor. The garlic and thyme pair perfectly with the vegetables and boost their savory flavors. Have this impressive side dish recipe on your table in 30 minutes!
- Carrots - I like to buy whole carrots that still have their carrots greens (also known as fronds) on top so I can use them as a garnish.
- Mushrooms - You can use any type of mushroom you like. For this recipe, I usually buy pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms.
- Thyme - I like to use fresh thyme for this recipe. If you use dried herbs, add less.
- Olive oil, salt, & pepper
How to Make Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms
Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms with Garlic and Thyme is a simple and quick recipe to make. I like to cook this side dish when I need to impress without the stress!
First, preheat the oven and stir the herb mixture: olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set the bowl aside to let the flavors meld together.
Next, cut the carrot greens (fronds) off the top of each carrot. Wash and peel the carrots. The carrots take longer to roast then the mushrooms so you will get them started first.
Place the carrots in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Spoon half of the herb mixture over the carrots and put them in the oven for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, flip the carrots and add the mushrooms to the baking sheet. Spoon remaining herb mixture over the mushrooms and roast for 10 minutes longer. I like to keep the carrots and mushrooms on separate sides of the baking sheet, so it makes plating and presenting them easier.
Finally, pull the vegetables out of the oven and put on a large plate. I like to add all of the carrots to the plate then top with mushrooms. You can garnish with additional thyme and carrot greens.
Hungry for More?
- Cranberry, Prosciutto, & Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini
- Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage and Walnut Parmesan
- Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Apple Chicken Skillet
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms with Garlic and Thyme
- Sheet Pan
- Bunch of whole carrots, about 8-10 carrots
- 8 ounce mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, fresh (use 1 teaspoon if using dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Add the herb mixture: olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to a bowl and stir. Set the bowl aside to let the flavors meld together.
- Cut the carrot greens (fronds) off the top of each carrot. Wash and peel the carrots.
- Put carrots on a rimmed baking sheet. Spoon of the herb mixture over the carrots. Cook carrots for for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, pull the carrots out of the oven and flip. Add mushrooms to the other side of the baking sheet and add the remaining half of the herb mixture to the mushrooms.
- Put baking sheet back in the oven and cook for an addition 10 minutes until carrots and mushrooms are tender.