Save time and money by whipping up our refreshing copycat of Tropical Smoothie Cafe's Detox Island Green Smoothie at home. This nutrient-packed blend of tropical fruits, leafy greens, and fresh ginger will leave you feeling energized and rejuvenated.
From a blueberry protein smoothie to a berry smoothie without yogurt, you will find us sipping on these creamy creations all year long. For a more substantial meal that will keep you full for hours, browse our collection of meal replacement smoothies.
This coconut water smoothie is one of our favorite copycat tropical smoothie cafe recipes because it's full of flavor and fiber while being low in fat and calories.
Why You'll Love this Detox Tropical Smoothie
Save time and money: This tropical smoothie cafe detox island green smoothie tastes even better when you make it at home because it saves precious time and is more budget-friendly than when buying it in the store. Next time, try our copycat Bahama mama smoothie recipe!
Detoxification: As the name suggests, the ingredients in this detox island green smoothie help to detoxify the body by flushing out an accumulation of toxins while still providing nutrients.
Weight management: Incorporating this detox green smoothie recipe into your diet can be a convenient and delicious way to support weight loss goals.
Hydration: We make this smoothie with coconut water because it helps replenish fluids and electrolytes lost after a workout or throughout the day.
The tropical smoothie cafe detox island green smoothie is a repeat order for me because each of these ingredients provide healthy benefits to your body. See the recipe card for exact measurements and nutrition facts.
- Coconut water: Provides hydration and electrolytes, replenishing fluids lost throughout the day. It adds natural sweetness and a refreshing taste to the smoothie without added sugars.
- Spinach: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, spinach is a powerhouse ingredient that supports overall health.
- Banana: Provides natural sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie while also adding potassium, vitamin B6, and fiber.
- Pineapple: Packed with vitamin C and antioxidants, pineapple adds sweetness to this island green smoothie.
- Mango: Another tropical fruit rich in vitamins, mango adds sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie.
- Ginger: Known for its anti-inflammatory and digestive properties, ginger adds a zesty kick to the smoothie.
If you don't have coconut water, you can use regular water, orange juice, or milk of choice.
To make this a more balanced smoothie, we like to add a scoop of protein powder.
For added healthy fats, fiber, and good for you ingredients, some of the best smoothie add-ins are: chia seeds, hemp seeds, and yogurt.
A squeeze of lemon juice adds a bright and vibrant kick to this green topical smoothie.
How to Make Detox Island Green Smoothie
To make an island green detox smoothie from tropical smoothie cafe at home, all you need is a vegetable peeler for the ginger and a high-speed blender. From start to finish, this refreshing drink takes only 5 minutes to blend up and enjoy!
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a blender.
Step 2: Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until all ingredients are combined and there are no chunks left.
Instead of ice cubes, we use frozen fruit when making this simple detox smoothie. Frozen fruit will keep he smoothie cold without diluting the flavor like ice can.
If you prefer sweet smoothies, add a drizzle of honey or Medjool date for added sweetness.
To enhance the nutritional benefits of this green tropical smoothie, we like to incorporate a scoop of protein powder.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Detox Island Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ banana
- ½ cup pineapple frozen
- ½ cup mango frozen
- 1 inch ginger peeled and chopped
- To a blender, add coconut water, spinach, banana, pineapple, mango, and ginger.
- Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until all ingredients are well combined and no chunks remain. Serve immediately.
- Use frozen fruit, if possible, when making this smoothie instead of adding ice cubes that can dilute the flavor.
- If the smoothie is not sweet enough for you, add a drizzle of honey or a Medjool date for sweetness.
- For added protein, we like to incorporate a scoop of protein powder.