Whether you're dreaming of sandy beaches or just looking for a taste of the tropics, our Tropical Smoothie Cafe copycat Bahama Mama Smoothie will transport your taste buds to paradise. Blend up this satisfying smoothie in under 5 minutes using tropical fruits, white chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and coconut milk.
Looking for more Tropical Smoothie Cafe copycat recipes - our detox island green smoothie is sure to hit the spot! We love easy smoothies for breakfast, so you'll find us sipping on a creamy blueberry protein shake or one of these tasty meal replacement smoothies any day of the week.
This Tropical Smoothie Cafe recipe is one of their most popular as well as one of my favorites, but spending over $8 for a drink isn't ideal. That's why I played around with the ingredients and created my own copycat version for a fraction of the price!
Why You'll Love this Bahama Mama
Refreshing: Taste the tropics without leaving home. This creamy tropical smoothie is bursting with flavors like pineapple, coconut, and strawberry making it a satisfying treat.
Quick and easy: Made with only a handful of ingredients and less than 5 minutes!
Budget-friendly: Making a copycat smoothie recipe at home is more cost-effective. Enjoy the same delicious flavors for a fraction of the price, saving you money in the long run.
Healthier option: By making this pink smoothie at home you can ensure that it's made with fresh ingredients without any added sugars or artificial additives.
- Frozen strawberries add a burst of sweet and tangy flavor. They contribute to the smoothie's vibrant color and help create a thick and creamy texture.
- Frozen pineapple adds tropical sweetness and a refreshing taste.
- White chocolate chips add a creamy and indulgent flavor, reminiscent of a tropical dessert.
- Shredded coconut adds texture, flavor, and a hint of sweetness.
- Coconut milk is the creamy base of this smoothie, imparting a rich and velvety texture while adding tropical flavor.
See the recipe card for exact measurements for this Bahama mama smoothie recipe.
We prefer to make this smoothie with coconut milk, but feel free to use your milk of choice or coconut water.
Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to make this Bahama mama tropical smoothie more nutritionally balanced.
For an extra boost of healthy fats, fiber, and beneficial nutrients, consider incorporating nutritious add-ins, such as chia seeds, hemp seeds, and yogurt.
How to Make a Bahama Mama Smoothie
Using a handful of simple ingredients and a high-speed blender, you can easily make a Bahama mama tropical smoothie cafe recipe in your own kitchen!
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a blender.
Step 2: Blend for 1 minute, or until all ingredients are combined and there are no chunks of white chocolate left.
Use frozen fruit: For a thicker and creamier texture, use frozen strawberries and pineapples instead of fresh ones. This also eliminates the need for ice cubes, which can dilute the flavor.
High-speed blender: For a creamy, smooth texture, use a high-speed blender to ensure all ingredients are blended completely.
Splash of citrus: Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to brighten up the flavors of your smoothie. The citrusy tang adds a refreshing twist to the tropical blend.
Yes, you can use fresh fruits instead of frozen fruits, but using frozen fruits helps create a thicker and creamier texture without the need for ice.
Yes, you can prepare smoothies ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just give it a good stir before serving.
Easy Smoothie Recipes
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Bahama Mama Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut flakes
- To a blender, add coconut milk, strawberries, pineapples, white chocolate chips, and shredded coconut flakes.
- Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until all ingredients are combined and no chunks remain. Serve immediately.
- If possible, use frozen fruit instead of fresh for a creamier texture. This also eliminates the need for ice cubes, which can dilute the flavor.
- We like to add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to make this a high protein drink.
- Optional smoothie add-ins: chia seeds, hemp seeds, or yogurt.