Air Fryer Green Beans
Air Fryer Green Beans are a quick and easy side dish to serve any night of the week. Simply seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and pepper for a crave-worthy taste. The crisp tender texture of this fresh green bean recipe has a velvety center with a slight crunch. Squeeze fresh lemon on top for added freshness.
For entertaining, serve air fried green beans with King Ranch Chicken Casserole. And if cooking side dishes in the air fryer is your jam, you will love this roundup of all of my favorite Easy Air Fryer Side Dishes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These are perfect to cook on busy weeknights, but so delicious, you'll want to make them on weekends and holidays too! Air fried green beans pair perfectly with any entrée and are a healthy air fryer side dish.
I love cooking fresh French green beans in the air fryer for holidays and when entertaining because they free up stovetop and oven space. It's a cheap side dish that doesn't require much thought or effort. Try air fryer green beans for Thanksgiving as a healthy alternative to green bean casserole.
What you will need to make this recipe:
- Air Fryer - my favorite air fryer is the Cosori Pro 5.8 Quart Air Fryer. I've used this air fryer multiple times a week for over two years and it's still working great!
- Fresh green beans
- Olive oil
- Seasonings - garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Lemon wedges - an optional ingredient, but it's a colorful garnish and adds a pop of freshness
How to Air Fry Green Beans
This green beans air fryer recipe can be made in 10 minutes using few ingredients.
First, start by preheating the air fryer. To cook fresh green beans in air fryer, wash and trim green beans, if needed. Next, add them to a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle them with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Use tongs to toss and coat green beans in the seasoning. Place string beans in the air fryer basket in a single layer to cook. Serve crispy air fryer green beans immediately.
Tips for Air Frying Green Beans
Place green beans in a single layer in the air fryer basket to cook. Since the green beans are not breaded, they won't get super crispy, but putting them in a single layer will give them a bit a crunch. If you have a lot of green beans, you may need to cook them in multiple batches.
You can add different spices based on your preferences. Some other herbs and spices that can pair well with green beans are: basil, cumin, marjoram, or thyme.
You can top your green beans with slivered almonds for added crunch. Parmesan cheese is a flavorful topping for green beans as well. I occasionally like to substitute olive oil for Trader Joe's chili oil or add red pepper flakes for spicy green beans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both are delicious and can be used in this recipe. French green beans, also known as haricots verts, are slightly longer and skinnier than regular green beans.
You should trim and remove the stems from green beans before cooking. You can remove the stems by snapping them off individually or bundling a group of green beans together and chopping the stems off with a knife.
To store cooked green beans, wait until they have completely cooled. Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can freeze green beans by adding them to a freezer safe container.
More Side Dishes to Try:
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberries
- Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms
- Cauliflower Spanish Rice
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! If you take pictures, share them with me on Instagram so I can repost on Stories!
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedges optional for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Add washed and trimmed green beans to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place green beans in a single layer in the air fryer basket (you may need to cook in two batches). Cook at 400°F for 8 minutes until crisp tender. Shake the basket half way through cooking.
- Squeeze fresh lemon on top (optional) and serve immediately.
- Season green beans according to your preference. See 'flavor variations' in the post above for more seasoning options.
- Storage: once cooled, add leftovers to an air tight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
[…] Air Fryer Green Beans — Happy Honey Kitchen […]