Crispy and tender, Maple Cinnamon Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes are an easy air fryer side dish that will be ready on your table in only 20 minutes. Full of cozy fall flavors - these air fryer sweet potato cubes are tossed in maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
If you enjoy cooking side dishes in the air fryer, try air fryer green beans with your next meal. Craving more maple flavors? Cook maple roasted butternut squash & cranberries for another sweet fall side dish.
A simple side dish that's perfect any night of the week. I especially enjoy cooking these maple cinnamon sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving or when hosting a dinner party because using the air fryer frees up oven and stovetop space.
- Sweet Potatoes - To be honest, I really dislike cutting potatoes. I buy a 16 ounce bag of precut sweet potatoes for this recipe. If using whole sweet potatoes: wash, peel, and cut into ½ inch cubes. Depending on the size, you will need 2 to 3 whole sweet potatoes to make 2 cups of diced sweet potatoes.
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup - It's slightly pricier than pancake syrup, but well worth it! It's important to use 100% pure maple syrup in this recipe to prevent it from becoming too sweet or artificially flavored.
- Spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, and salt.
- Air Fryer - My favorite air fryer is the Cosori Pro 5.8 Quart Air Fryer. I’ve used this air fryer multiple times a week for over two years and it’s still working great!
- Mixing bowl - You can't go wrong with these glass mixing bowls with convenient lids.
- Measuring spoons - I love these measuring spoons because the long design allows them to easily slide into the spice jar without making a mess!
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
One of my favorite things about this sweet potato cubes air fryer recipe is that it comes together quickly! I love a simple side that I can throw in the air fryer and not think much about.
First, preheat the air fryer then prepare the sweet potatoes. To prepare the sweet potato: wash, peel, and cut into ½ inch cubes. You will need 2-3 sweet potatoes to get 2 cups cubed.
In a large mixing bowl, add sweet potato chunks, maple syrup, and spices. Toss to combine.
Spray the air fryer basket with an air fryer safe cooking spray. Add seasoned sweet potatoes to the basket and lightly spray again. Don't overcrowd the basket and make sure potatoes are in a single layer. Cook, stirring the potatoes halfway through.
How long to cook sweet potatoes in air fryer?
Cubed sweet potatoes in air fryer will take less time to cook than a whole sweet potato. These Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Cubes take around 14 minutes to cook. Depending on the size of your cubes, it may take more or less time. Test one of the largest cubes before serving to see if it needs more time.
One of my favorite things about cooking is getting creative with spices. The entire flavor profile of this dish can change with a different seasoning blend and these air fryer diced potatoes can take on big flavors. So, if your not in the mood for fall flavors, try one of these:
Tex-Mex - Season sweet potatoes with olive oil and this Low Sodium Taco Seasoning for a spicy kick. You will only need to use half of the spice blend. This would also be delicious for making cubed sweet potato tacos!
Sweet & Spicy - Try combining a tablespoon of brown sugar with half a teaspoon each of chili powder, paprika, and cayenne. Don't forget the salt and pepper for these sweet and spicy diced sweet potatoes in the air fryer.
Keep it Simple - Simply season cubed sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper for the perfect everyday side dish.
- It's best to serve this recipe immediately so the sweet potato chunks don't lose their crispy texture.
- Use a sharp knife when cutting sweet potatoes. Try to make the cubes as uniform as possible in size and shape so they cook evenly.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can reheat them by heating in the air fryer at 400°F for 3-5 minutes.
You can freeze sweet potato cubes before or after cooking for easy meal prep. Simply cook them in the air fryer according to directions when ready to eat.
More Side Dishes
- 23 Easy Air Fryer Side Dishes
- Roasted Carrots & Mushrooms
- Cauliflower Spanish Rice
- Air Fryer Green Beans
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Maple Cinnamon Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing bowl
- 2 cups sweet potato washed, peeled, and cut in ½" cubes
- 2 Tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cubed sweet potatoes, maple syrup, and seasonings. Toss well to combine.
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Add seasoned sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket in a single layer and lightly spray with olive oil. Cook for 14 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- It's best to serve this recipe fresh so the sweet potato chunks don't lose their crispy exterior texture.
- Use 100% pure maple syrup in this recipe - regular pancake syrup will make the sweet potatoes too sweet.
I love sweet potatoes and always look for new ways to cook them. This looks so easy and I can't wait to try them.
This looks so yummy! I cannot wait to try it!
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.
That looks yummy! and simple to make. Just added to the menu for next week! Thank you for sharing!
Looks delicious. I don't have an air fryer, can this recipe be done in a conventional oven?
Yes, you can roast these sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet in the oven at 425°F for 25-30 minutes. Stirring halfway through.