A low carb side dish, cauliflower Spanish rice with salsa pairs perfectly with tex-mex and Mexican recipes. This low carb Mexican rice is full of flavor and is quick and easy to make.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- Cauliflower rice is a healthy, low carb alternative to rice.
- It's packed with nutrients and is a great way to sneak extra vegetables into your diet.
- A budget-friendly side dish made with a few simple ingredients and spices.
- Spice Mix - cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, and salt
- Cilantro and lime (optional)
How to Make Cauliflower Spanish Rice
This cauliflower Spanish rice is quick and easy to make. First, dice an onion and add it to a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
Sauté the onion on medium heat for a couple minutes before adding the riced cauliflower to the skillet. Stir the onion and cauliflower together and sauté for another couple minutes.
Next, add in the salsa and spices. Mix well and sauté for another couple minutes. Finally, add chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice (optional) and enjoy!
- Purchase pre-riced cauliflower in a bag to make this dish quick to make. If you have cauliflower rice frozen, you can use it to make this recipe as well.
- If using fresh cauliflower, make cauliflower rice by adding it to a food processor and blending until desired consistency.
- Use your favorite salsa or hot sauce. I like to use a chucky salsa to add more texture.
Hungry for More?
- Blackened Salmon Bowl with Jalapeño Yogurt Sauce
- Beef Taco Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Cauliflower Spanish Rice with Salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- ¾ cup onion diced
- 14 ounce bag of cauliflower rice
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and diced onions. Sauté onions for 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice to the skillet. Stir and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Mix in salsa and spices and stir to combine. Sauté for 3 minutes until rice and onions are tender.
- Optional: Serve with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- I prefer to use chucky salsa in this recipe to add more texture.
- I buy pre-riced cauliflower, but you can make your own cauliflower rice by putting a head of fresh cauliflower into a food processor and blending until desired consistency. You can also use frozen cauliflower rice.
- Optional: serve with cheese, chopped cilantro, and/or a squeeze of fresh lime juice.