This Dark and Stormy Halloween Cocktail is inspired by a traditional Dark and Stormy cocktail. In my version, I use whiskey instead of dark rum and add honey and blackberries. A festive, fun, spooky drink to serve during a Halloween party or to sip on while passing out candy.
Looking for more festive cocktails? You’ll love this Halloween Margarita (Witches Brew Cocktail)!
- Ginger Beer - my favorite brand is Gosling's
- Blackberries - use a muddler to mash the blackberries. A muddler is a bartender’s tool. It is used to crush, or macerate, fruits and herbs to bring out their flavors.
- Lime juice
- Black Sugar - to make the dramatic black rim around the glass. I bought black sugar sprinkles from Amazon.
How to Make a Dark and Stormy
First of all, this dark and stormy Halloween cocktail with whiskey is good enough to drink all year round, but the color brings out the spookiness of the Halloween season and all its festivities.
To make the black sugar rim, dip your glass in a plate filled with honey than dip it in a shallow plate filled with black sugar. The honey and sugar rim tastes delicious too!
Add a few ice cubes to the glass and pour in ginger beer. I filled my glass about ¾ of the way full of ginger beer to leave enough room for the whiskey blackberry mixture.
Next, in a cocktail shaker, add blackberries, honey, lime, juice, and whiskey. Crush or mash all these ingredients together using a muddler.
Pour the whiskey blackberry mixture into your glass on top of the ginger beer. It's fun to present it this way, but I suggest stirring it before taking a sip or you will get a big gulp of whiskey. I also like to serve this cocktail with an added lime wedge and blackberries to snack on.
More Cocktail Recipes
- St. Germain Raspberry Lemon Cocktail
- Easy 3 Ingredient Frozen Margarita
- Cold Brew Coffee Martini
- Fireball Hot Toddy
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Dark and Stormy Halloween Cocktail with Whiskey
- 4 ounces Ginger beer
- 2 ounces Whiskey
- 5 Blackberries
- ½ ounce Honey or simple syrup
- ½ Lime juiced
Black Sugar Rim
- Black sugar
- To make the black sugar rim, dip your glass in a plate filled with honey than dip it in a shallow plate filled with black sugar.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glass and pour in ginger beer. Fill the glass about ¾ of the way full of ginger beer, about 4 ounces. Leave room for remaining ingredients.
- In a cocktail shaker, add blackberries, honey, lime juice and whiskey. Crush or mash all these ingredients together using a muddler.
- Shake. Pour the whiskey blackberry mixture into your glass on top of the ginger beer. Stir before drinking.
- The black sugar rim is optional, but adds a dramatic element to this cocktail.
- A classic dark and stormy cocktail is made with dark rum which can be substituted instead of whiskey.
Leave a Reply