A Prosciutto Crostini with Whipped Goat Cheese and Cranberries is the party appetizer of your dreams! This prosciutto crostini is a sweet, salty, crispy, and creamy appetizer! Make a big batch of these in under 30 minutes! Try this simple crostini recipe for your next celebration.
- French Baguette - or any long , narrow artisan loaf of bread
- Fresh Cranberries
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Goat Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Rosemary - I like to use fresh rosemary for this recipe. You can use any extra rosemary as a garnish to decorate too!
How to Make Prosciutto Crostini with Whipped Goat Cheese
So, you need an impressive holiday party appetizer without the stress? My friends, this Cranberry, Prosciutto, and Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini is your answer!
This finger food appetizer comes together quickly with just a few steps and is a breeze to assemble. Your guests will be amazed with the presentation and flavor!
First, preheat the oven and make the whipped goat cheese. I use a small food processor to make the whipped goat cheese. Mix goat cheese and a small amount of cream cheese together to form a creamy base layer for the crostini.
Cut the baguette into slices and brush each side with melted butter. Place crostini slices on a baking sheet.
Next, mix cranberries, sugar, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. On a rimmed baking sheet, spread out the cranberry mixture in a single layer. Pro Tip: save clean up time by lining your baking sheet with foil. The cranberry mixture gets very sticky.
Cook both the cranberry mixture and crostini's in the oven. While they are cooking, you can crisp up the prosciutto in a small skillet. This step is optional. You can leave the prosciutto uncooked if you would prefer. If you want crispy prosciutto, cook it just like you would cook bacon in a skillet. It only takes a couple minutes to get crisp and crunchy.
Finally, take the cranberry and bread slices out of the oven and assemble the crostini's. Add a layer of whipped goat cheese then crispy prosciutto and finally a spoonful of balsamic cranberry sauce. Top each cranberry appetizer with a sprig of rosemary.
Hungry for More?
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Prosciutto Crostini with Whipped Goat Cheese and Cranberries
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- 1 loaf French Baguette, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 12 ounce bag of Cranberries, fresh
- 3 ounce Prosciutto (about 5-6 slices)
- 4 ounce Goat Cheese, log
- 1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Add goat cheese log (crumbled) and cream cheese to a small food processor. Whip until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. You will need to stop and scrap down the sides of the food processor frequently.
- Mix the cranberries, rosemary, sugar, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Spread the mixture out on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes until cranberries are just beginning to burst.
- Brush melted butter on the bread slices. Put the bread on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Add a single layer of prosciutto to a skillet and cook on high heat flipping occasionally. Cook about 2-3 minutes until prosciutto is crisp.
- Assemble crostini. Add a layer of whipped goat cheese to the crostini. Then add a slice of crispy prosciutto and finally add a spoonful of balsamic cranberry sauce. Garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig.