Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Bowl
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Bowl is my ultimate low carb comfort meal! You will love the combination of spicy buffalo sauce with cooling ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles.
The buffalo chicken is made in the crockpot making this an easy meal to get on the table any day of the week. It will quickly become one of your favorite easy weeknight crock pot meals.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a keto slow cooker buffalo chicken recipe, but it can easily be adapted to fit any dietary needs in your family. If you want to make this recipe into buffalo chicken rice bowls, simply add cooked rice to the bottom of the bowl before assembling. I also love making quinoa and turning this into a buffalo chicken quinoa bowl.
These bowls are a perfect buffalo chicken meal prep recipe too. You can customize the bowl to your liking!
What You Will Need:
- Crock Pot (or slow cooker)
- Chicken Breasts
- Buffalo Sauce – I use Frank’s Buffalo Sauce for this recipe.
- Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Toppings: black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, ranch dressing, and blue cheese crumbles.
Let’s Make Buffalo Chicken Bowls!
First, to make these healthy buffalo chicken bowls, get out your handy dandy crock pot (or slow cooker). In the crock pot, stir in buffalo sauce, ranch seasoning, and minced garlic. Mix well.
Next, put boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper. Flip the chicken over to season the other side and fully cover in sauce. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
When the chicken is finished cooking, use two forks to shred the buffalo chicken inside the crockpot. Stir the chicken to coat each piece of chicken with sauce. After this, I like to turn crock pot setting to ‘keep warm’ and let the shredded chicken marinate in the sauce for about 30 minutes before serving.
While the shredded buffalo chicken is marinating in the crock pot, prepare the toppings for your Buffalo Chicken Bowl. You can top your bowl with anything you like. I like to top my bowls with black beans corn, tomatoes, avocado slices, ranch dressing, and blue cheese.
With any leftovers, you can make a shredded buffalo chicken sandwich or a buffalo chicken burrito!
More Recipes to Try:
- Smoked Sausage and Potato Skillet with Peppers and Onions
- Texas Toast Sloppy Joes
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup.
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! If you take pictures, share them with me on Instagram so I can repost on Stories!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Bowl
- Crock Pot (or Slow Cooker)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2.5 lbs.)
- 12 ounces buffalo sauce
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
Toppings for Bowl
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained and rinsed
- avocado sliced
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese crumbles
- In the crock pot, stir in buffalo sauce, ranch seasoning, and minced garlic. Mix well.
- Put chicken breasts in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper. Flip the chicken over to season the other side and fully cover in sauce. Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- When the buffalo chicken has finished cooking, use two forks to shred the chicken inside the crockpot. Stir the chicken to coat each piece of chicken with sauce. (optional: turn crock pot setting to 'keep warm' and let shredded chicken marinate for 30 minutes in sauce)
- Prepare the toppings and assemble your bowl!
- You can adjust the spice level by changing the amount of buffalo sauce you add to the crock pot.
- Make this into a buffalo chicken rice bowl by adding cooked rice to the bowl or a buffalo chicken quinoa bowl by adding cooked quinoa to the bowl when assembling.