This October, add a touch of Halloween magic with a vibrant green Halloween Margarita (witches brew cocktail). A Halloween-themed drink is an ideal way for ghouls and goblins to celebrate spooky season.
This spooky green cocktail is made with Midori melon liqueur, tequila, triple sec, and freshly squeezed lime juice. A pinch of edible glitter and a black sugar rim makes this Halloween margarita sparkle!
The glittery bright green color of this margarita with Midori makes it an ideal cocktail to serve at a Halloween party or to whip up while passing out treats at home! This Halloween-themed cocktail may look like a potion, but it's definitely one you'll want to sip on!
Why We Love this Recipe
- Fun & Festive: We love to make this margarita for adult trick-or-treating, costume parties, scary movie night, or while passing out candy on Halloween night.
- Visual appeal: A vibrant green margarita stands out from the crowd and adds a touch of mystery to happy hour.
- Creative: Showcase your creativity and attention to detail, adding an extra layer of excitement to a Halloween party.
- Conversation starter: Impress your friends and family with this bright and unique drink. No one will be able to resist talking about this memorable margarita.
Halloween Margarita Ingredients
This witches brew drink is a neon green Midori margarita with classic margarita flavors and a sweet tart honeydew melon twist. Don't let this electric green margarita scare you off, I promise it's delicious!
- Midori liqueur - What is Midori? Midori is a sweet, bright green-colored liqueur that tastes like melon.
- Tequila - Any type of tequila will work well, but I use Blanco tequila for this spooky margarita.
- Tripe Sec - an orange-flavored liqueur that is typically used in margarita recipes.
- Simple syrup - a liquid sweetener. You can buy simple syrup in the store or easily make your own by dissolving one cup of sugar in one cup of hot water on the stove.
- Lime juice - fresh lime juice is best. Depending on the size of the lime, you need about one lime squeezed to equal the ½ ounce needed for this recipe.
- Edible glitter (optional, but a fun addition!) - This is the edible glitter I used to make this witches brew margarita pop!
- Black sugar (optional, but a fun addition!) - These are the black sugar sprinkles I used to coat the rim of the margarita glass.
How to Make a Halloween Margarita
This simple Midori margarita adds extra excitement to any happy hour, especially in October. All you need is a cocktail shaker and a margarita glass along with the margarita ingredients to get the party started.
Step 1: Add a black sugar rim to the margarita glass. To rim a margarita glass, moisten the rim with a wedge of lime then dip the glass into a shallow plate of black sugar sprinkles. These sprinkles add sweetness and visually make the drink truly look like a witch cocktail.
Step 2: Add ice to a cocktail shaker followed by Midori, tequila, triple sec, simple syrup, and freshly squeezed lime juice. Add a pinch of edible glitter, if using. Shake until drink is cold and mixed well, about 20 seconds. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- For added creativity and spookiness, pour this beverage into a fun vessel like a stemmed skeleton glass or clear skull cup.
- Use a clear tequila, such as Blanco, so the green color stays vibrant.
- This Halloween margarita will naturally be green from the Midori, but you can throw in a pinch of green edible glitter to really make it pop! Just a pinch - a little goes a long way.
More Boozy Beverages
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Halloween Margarita (Witches Brew Cocktail)
- Margarita glass
- 1.5 ounces Blanco tequila
- ½ ounce Midori melon liqueur
- ½ ounce Triple sec
- ½ ounce Simple syrup
- ½ ounce lime juice freshly squeezed
- green edible glitter linked in notes
- black sugar sprinkles linked in notes
- To rim the margarita glass, cut a wedge of lime and pour black sugar onto a shallow plate. Moisten the rim with the lime wedge and dip the glass into the plate of black sugar and coat the rim.
- In a cocktail shaker, add a couple of ice cubes. Pour in tequila, Midori, triple sec, simple syrup, and lime juice. Add a pinch of edible glitter. Shake until drink is cold and mixed well, about 20 seconds.
- Pour into a margarita glass and enjoy!
- This is the edible glitter I used to make this witches brew drink pop! You only need a small pinch - a little goes a long way.
- These are the black sugar sprinkles I used to coat the rim of the margarita glass.
- You can buy simple syrup at the store or make your own by dissolving one cup of sugar in one cup of hot water on the stove.
- If you can't find Midori, you can use any melon liqueur in this recipe.