A creamy Cold Brew Coffee Martini with Baileys will give you a boost of energy and satisfy your sweet tooth. This cold brew martini tastes like an espresso martini with Baileys, but is much easier to make - no espresso needed!
For another delicious cocktail with baileys and vodka, try a chocolate martini next!
Espresso martini's are trending right now (and for good reason - they are a delicious pick-me-up!) but how do you make one at home if you don't have an espresso machine or the patience to wait while the espresso cools down?
Enter cold brew coffee! This creamy coffee martini recipe is perfect to sip on before an evening out or as an after dinner drink.
Why We Love this Cold Brew Martini
- Quick & easy: Use store-bought cold brew coffee to make this cocktail in less time. There's no need to brew coffee or espresso or wait for it to chill in the fridge.
- Coffee lovers dream: Both the cold brew and Kahlua provide a strong coffee flavor.
- Dessert in a glass: Baileys Irish Cream gives this coffee cocktail a smooth, velvety texture and sweet flavor. The combination creates a coffee-flavored dessert cocktail.
- Pick-me-up: This cocktail will perk you up! The amount of caffeine in cold brew is stronger than espresso. Depending on the brand you use, there can be 25-50mg of caffeine in one cocktail.
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Kahlua Coffee Liqueur: made in Mexico with 100% Arabica coffee beans, rum, and sugar. Kahlua has a rich, sweet flavor and tastes like sweetened coffee.
- Baileys Irish Cream - flavored with cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey. Baileys is sweet and creamy with notes of vanilla and chocolate. Any brand of Irish cream liqueur will work in this drink.
- We love this crystal cocktail shaker or cocktail mixing glass that comes with all the bar tools you need.
- A jigger is recommended to measure each ingredient in a cocktail.
- Pour your drink in to a martini glass or this vintage coupe glass for a fancy happy hour feel.
How to Make a Cold Brew Coffee Martini with Baileys
This trendy cold brew espresso martini inspired cocktail is easy to make. With only 4-ingredients, simply mix Baileys, Kahlua, vodka and coffee to make an indulgent cocktail suitable for a fancy happy hour at home.
Step 1: In a cocktail mixing glass, or cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice, cold brew coffee, and Kahlua coffee liqueur.
Step 2: Pour Baileys Irish Cream into the mixing glass.
Step 3: Pour vodka into the mixing glass.
Step 4: Gently stir ingredients for 30 seconds to ensure the drink gets properly chilled. Attach the strainer and pour into a martini glass. Notes on shaking vs. stirring this martini can be found in 'Expert Tips' and 'FAQs'.
Garnish with three coffee beans and serve this coffee martini for an after dinner drink, dessert, or afternoon pick-me-up.
The standard garnish for an espresso martini is 3 coffee beans floating on top of the drink. Tradition holds that these three beans represent health, wealth and happiness.
To shake or stir? We use the traditional method of stirring to make this martini. Stirring chills and dilutes the cocktail whereas shaking changes its texture.
Vigorously shaking this cold brew coffee martini with Baileys will cause a foam on the top when you pour. It's a personal preference, but if you don't want foam, gently stir the ingredients together before pouring into a glass.
- Flavored vodka: Try this cocktail with vanilla vodka.
- Omit Baileys: A Baileys martini is creamy and sweet. Omit Baileys if you prefer more of a classic espresso martini full of strong coffee flavor.
- Gin: Although we prefer making this coffee martini recipe with the more neutral flavor of vodka, you can make it with gin as well.
- Use brewed coffee or espresso if you don't have cold brew. Be sure to chill the coffee in the freezer first so it doesn't make your drink hot.
Cold brew is a method of coffee preparation where coarsely ground coffee beans are steeped in cold water for an extended period, typically 12-24 hours. It is known for its smooth, less acidic taste and is typically served cold or over ice.
Yes! In fact, we prefer to use cold brew in a martini instead of espresso because it takes less time to make and has a smoother flavor.
Yes, cold brew is stronger than espresso and has a higher amount of caffeine. This is because cold brew extracts the full amount of flavor from the beans while espresso only extracts a portion.
Martinis should be stirred gently for 30 seconds to chill and dilute the cocktail without changing its texture. A general rule of thumb is to only shake a cocktail if it contains non-alcoholic ingredients, like citrus, egg whites, juice, or cream.
More Cocktail Recipes
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Cold Brew Coffee Martini with Baileys
- 2 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce Baileys Irish cream
- In a cocktail mixing glass, or cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice, cold brew coffee, Kahlua coffee liqueur, Baileys, and vodka.
- Using a spoon, gently stir for 30 seconds to ensure the drink gets properly chilled. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with three coffee beans.
- If you would like more of a classic espresso martini, omit the Baileys Irish cream.
- We use the traditional method of stirring to make this martini. Stirring chills and dilutes the cocktail whereas shaking changes its texture. Vigorously shaking this cold brew coffee martini with Baileys will cause a foam on the top when you pour.