This Berry Banana Smoothie without Yogurt will become your new favorite smoothie combination! This berry smoothie with strawberries, blackberries, and banana ia delicious and nutritious for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. This berry blast smoothie has all the benefits you want in a smoothie - fruit, fiber, and protein.
If you're a smoothie fan and looking for more smoothie recipes like this try my Chocolate Cherry Smoothie!
Strawberry Blackberry Banana Smoothie without yogurt was inspired by a blackberry banana smoothie I made in high school. I would make that smoothie every morning for breakfast and began to crave those flavors. Now, I've elevated the original recipe with strawberries and optional healthy smoothie add ins!
This vegan shake is quick and easy to make and will delight your taste buds. I love that you can customize this blackberry strawberry banana smoothie with extra fiber, protein, and sweetness. Let's talk about all the different ways you can make this mixed berry smoothie without yogurt.
You can use fresh or frozen fruit for smoothies. Pro Tip: I like to use at least one type of frozen fruit (usually the banana) so I don't have to water down my smoothie with ice cubes. If you like very cold smoothies, this tip will help!
- Strawberries - fresh or frozen strawberries
- Blackberries - fresh or frozen blackberries
- Banana - fresh or frozen banana. When my bananas start to turn brown, I peel them and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer, so I always have frozen bananas for smoothies.
- Milk - I like to make this berry smoothie with coconut milk. Use your milk of choice.
- Optional add-ins: honey or maple syrup, chia seeds, protein powder, vanilla extract, spinach
Healthy Smoothie Add Ins:
I love making this blackberry strawberry smoothie because I can change the flavor and nutritional value easily by choosing what add ins I throw into the blender. This is a great base recipe and allows you to get creative with what your taste buds and body are craving at the time.
A blackberry smoothie without yogurt can still be full of protein, if that's what you want in a smoothie. I make this recipe into a berry protein smoothie by adding my favorite protein powder. I use a vanilla whey protein powder or strawberry whey protein powder. The 'vanilla ice cream' and 'strawberry' are my two favorite Gold Standard Whey protein powder flavors and are both delicious in this smoothie.
For an added boost in nutritional content, add chia seeds and/or spinach to this very berry smoothie. Chia seeds are a great source of Omega-3 and fiber. Spinach is considered a superfood because it's full of vitamins and minerals to support your immune system. If you add in spinach, your smoothie may not be a pretty purple color, but you won't be able to taste much of a difference.
If you want a more decedent vanilla flavor, you can add in vanilla extract. Adding honey or maple syrup will add another depth of sweetness to protein berry smoothie.
More Smoothie Recipes
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Berry Banana Smoothie without Yogurt
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ banana
- optional add ins: protein powder, honey or maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla extract, spinach
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Use at least one type of frozen fruit so you don't have to water down the smoothie with ice cubes.
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit for smoothies. If you don't use any frozen fruit, add a small handful of ice to the blender for a cold, refreshing smoothie.
- Pro Tip: When bananas start to turn brown, peel them and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer, so you always have frozen bananas for smoothies.