Pumpkin lovers will love this creamy, high protein Pumpkin Pie Smoothie blended with pumpkin puree, banana, yogurt, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect to make for fall!
It may be pumpkin season, but here in Texas it's still warm. Until that cool fall breeze arrives, you can find me sipping on refreshing beverages like this pumpkin shake. You won't feel guilty having this pumpkin protein shake for breakfast or a snack. No tricks over here - only treats!
- Banana - Bananas are high in potassium, and vitamins B6 and C. They aid in muscle recovery so they are a great post workout snack.
- Pumpkin Puree - Pumpkin is full of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and zinc.
- Yogurt - I use high protein, low sugar plain yogurt in this recipe. Don't worry if you are not a plain yogurt fan - with all the other flavors in this smoothie, you won't notice it.
- Milk of choice
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use a mixture of cinnamon and nutmeg instead.
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
I'm not exaggerating when I tell you this pumpkin smoothie easy to make. Throw all the ingredients into a blender and mix well. Voila!
Smoothies are a quick and easy way to get fruit, veggies, and protein in your diet and this smoothie is no exception. Here you'll find more smoothie recipes!
This pumpkin spice smoothie tastes just like a pumpkin pie without all the added sugar. It's naturally sweetened with banana and 'good for you' ingredients.
The yogurt is the key to making this a high protein drink, so my advice is to use high-protein, low sugar yogurt. Plain yogurt is sometimes unpleasant to eat by itself, but when you add it to this smoothie along with all the other ingredients you won't even notice it.
Smoothie Add Ins
- You can add protein to a smoothie with yogurt or protein powder. If you want an extra boost of protein in this pumpkin pie protein shake, add a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- Chia seeds and/or flax seeds will bring an addition of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. I like adding a tablespoon of these ingredients to smoothies because they boost the nutrition content without changing the flavor.
- Add a splash of maple syrup to this fall smoothie for an extra sweet flavor.
- Add whipped cream on top for a true pumpkin pie experience!
- Use a frozen banana to keep the smoothie cold. Cold smoothies are ideal, but adding a handful of ice will water down the smoothie.
- If you want a thick smoothie, add less milk. And visa versa, add more milk for a thinner consistency.
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice you can make homemade pumpkin pie spice combining a mixture of: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and ground clove.
More Fall Recipes
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 banana
- ½ cup pumpkin puree canned or fresh
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix well.
- Use a frozen banana instead of having to add ice cubes to keep this drink cold.
- Add more or less milk depending on your desired consistency.
- For added protein, add a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- Add a splash of maple syrup and top with whipped cream for a true pumpkin pie experience!