Healthy Snickers Smoothie
Move over candy bars high in calories, carbohydrates, and sugar – here comes my Heathy Snickers Smoothie! This creamy smoothie tastes like a snickers candy bar, but without all the added sugar and preservatives.
Treat yourself in a healthier way and enjoy this Snickers milkshake for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
If you’re looking for more smoothie recipes like this one, try my crave-worthy Chocolate Cherry Smoothie!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This snickers smoothie is my go-to healthy treat on those days when I want a sweet breakfast, snack or dessert! This smoothie is full of superfood ingredients to satisfy your taste buds and help you feel better.
What You Will Need:
- Milk of choice – Any milk will work in this smoothie, so it’s easy to make a vegan and dairy free smoothie, if you wish.
- Pitted Date – Dates are a sweet flavored fruit that grow in clusters at the top of the date palm tree. Dates are full of fiber and aide in detoxifying the body. Dates are extremely nutritious and support brain and bone health.
- Cacao Powder – This plant-based superfood is less processed and a healthier alternative to cocoa powder. Cacao has a delicious, rich chocolate taste and is high in iron and magnesium. If you’re in a pinch, cocoa powder can be used.
- Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are a great source of Omega-3 and fiber. Adding these to the smoothie will help keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Banana – fresh or frozen banana. When my bananas start to turn brown, I peel them and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer, so I always have frozen bananas for smoothies.
- Peanut Butter
Let’s Make This Healthy Snickers Smoothie!
This date snickers smoothie is easy to make. Simply put all ingredients in a blender, I use a Nutribullet, and blend well. If you want your Healthy Snickers Smoothie to be colder add a handful of ice. The date can be difficult to breakup and blend completely, so you may need to blend twice to get it smooth. When the smoothie is blended completely, pour it into a glass and enjoy!
More Recipes To Try:
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Blackberry Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Nutella Milkshake
Healthy Snickers Smoothie (Vegan and Dairy Free)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 banana
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (you can also use cocoa powder)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pour milk into blender. Next, break up the banana and date into smaller pieces and add them to the blender. Finally, pour in cacao powder, peanut butter, and chia seeds. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
- Pro Tip: I like to use a frozen banana so I don’t have to water down my smoothie with ice cubes.
- The date can be difficult to breakup and blend completely, so you may need to blend twice to get it smooth.
- Date substitutions can be: prunes or date syrup