Shaved Brussels Sprouts Cobb Salad
If a Cobb salad is on the menu, I’m ordering it! This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Cobb Salad is an even healthier version of the original because yummy ingredients are piled on shaved Brussels sprouts instead of plain ol’ lettuce. It’s a much more nutritious and satisfying meal!
This Brussels sprouts salad can easily be made for one person or a large crowd. The variety of ingredients and colorful presentation are a crowd pleaser!
If you’re a fan of brussels sprouts, try my Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts Salad next time!
Shaved Brussel sprouts with bacon is a classic combination and this brussels sprouts keto salad will be a fast favorite! I love how simple and flavorful this meal is. This salad is packed with fiber and protein and will keep you feeling full until your next meal.
What is a Cobb Salad?
A Cobb salad is an American garden salad typically made with tomato, bacon, chicken, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, chives, and blue cheese. The toppings are usually lined up in neat rows over a bed of lettuce. It’s traditionally served with a vinaigrette dressing. The salad originated in California at the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant in the 1930s. There are a variety of ingredients that a Cobb salad can have. I like to pick and choose what I put on it based on what I’m craving that day.
What You Will Need:
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts – I buy pre-shaved Brussels sprouts at the grocery store to save time. You can also buy fresh, whole Brussels sprouts and shave them using a mandolin.
- Toppings of your choice – Traditional Cobb salad topping are tomato, cucumbers, bacon, chicken, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, chives, and blue cheese.
- Dressing of your choice – The original salad dressing used for the Cobb salad was French dressing, but this salad is also known to be made with red wine vinaigrette. Personally, I like Ranch dressing on my Cobb salad creations, but shaved Brussel sprouts with balsamic is a great combination as well.
Let’s Make This Shaved Brussels Sprout Cobb Salad!
Like most salads, this Cobb salad is simple and quick to make. You can buy Brussels sprouts that have already been shaved to save time. If you buy fresh Brussels sprouts, you can shave them thin using a mandolin. To make this sprout salad recipe, first, get a big bowl and fill it with the shaved Brussels sprouts.
Then, decide what toppings you want to add to your salad. Cook the ingredients that must be cooked, such as: chicken, bacon, and hard-boiled egg. Next, chop the vegetables: cucumber, tomato, and scallions. Line each of the ingredients in a straight line across the bowl on top of the shaved Brussels sprouts. Finally, top this keto brussels sprouts salad with your favorite dressing and enjoy a nutritious meal!
More Recipes to Try:
- Blackened Salmon Bowl with Jalapeño Yogurt Sauce
- Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Bowls
- Low-Carb Big Mac Salad
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! If you take pictures, share them with me on Instagram so I can repost on Stories!
Shaved Brussels Sprout Cobb Salad
- 10 ounce bag of shaved brussels sprouts
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Dressing of choice
- chicken, avocado, and croutons
- Fill two bowls with the shaved Brussels sprouts.
- Line each of the ingredients you wish to add in a straight line across the bowl from one end to the other on top of the shaved Brussels sprouts.
- Top with salad dressing of your choice.
- This recipe is for two main portion servings.
- You can add a variety of vegetables and additional toppings to your liking.