Pumpkin Brioche French Toast
Pumpkin Brioche French Toast is a warm and cozy fall breakfast idea. This mouth-watering Pumpkin French Toast will become your favorite fall breakfast recipe. This sweet and savory breakfast or brunch is made with a loaf of Trader Joe’s brioche bread (Pumpkin Brioche Twist), eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and a dash of pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast is a unique twist on a classic breakfast. Thick-sliced brioche French toast is easily adaptable for any season and will be a recipe you’ll want to make for your family all year round.
If you’re looking for more easy fall breakfast ideas, try my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie next time!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Brioche French Toast:
- Loaf of Brioche Bread – Brioche is a French bread that is soft, buttery, and slightly sweet. You can use Pumpkin flavored brioche or plain brioche for this recipe. In my opinion, brioche makes the best French toast recipe.
- Milk – Whole milk or heavy cream are best when making French toast because it will adhere to the bread better.
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Shallow dish – If you’re making a lot of brioche French toast, soak multiple slices of bread at once by using a large shallow baking dish.
- Skillet or Griddle – An electric griddle will make cooking multiple slices of French toast at a time quick and easy.
- Measuring cups and spoons – I like this set of measuring cups and spoons because the measuring spoons fit perfectly into spice jars without making a mess.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to flip the bread to get an even cook on both sides.
How to Make Brioche French Toast
This brioche French toast recipe is a simple, yet impressive breakfast to serve on any given weekend or for a special occasion. It’s fun and easy to make, even kids can help make this recipe.
First, in a shallow dish, whisk eggs and melted butter. Then mix all other ingredients, except the bread, in the dish and mix well. Add a thick slice of brioche bread to the dish with the egg mixture and allow the bread to soak for 30-60 seconds on each side.
Spray a skillet or griddle with cooking spray and cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes. Flip bread and cook an additional 2 minutes until the French toast is slightly crispy on the outside and soft in the center.
Simply switch out pumpkin brioche for plain brioche and this delicious recipe is ready to cook any time of year.
Pumpkin pie spice substitute – If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can get a similar flavor by mixing cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger together.
Cinnamon French toast – Instead of using pumpkin pie spice, use only cinnamon for a sweet flavor that is delicious for breakfast all year round.
Frequently Asked Questions
Choose a bread that is thick, dense and can stand up to being soaked in eggs and milk. I prefer to make French toast with brioche bread . Challah, ciabatta, and baguettes are all good bread for French toast as well.
Serve a side of bacon, sausage, and eggs with French toast. Fresh fruit and yogurt can be also be served along side this breakfast recipe as well.
The possibilities are endless! You can top French toast with sliced bananas, berries, maple syrup, a pad of butter, dusting of powdered sugar, or whipped cream.
How to Store Pumpkin Brioche French Toast
It’s best to eat this immediately after cooking. If you have leftovers, let them cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftover French toast will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat for 15-20 seconds in the microwave or air fry.
Any leftover brioche bread should be tightly closed so it doesn’t dry out.
More Breakfast Recipes to Try:
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! If you take pictures, share them with me on Instagram so I can repost on Stories!
Pumpkin Brioche French Toast
- Skillet or Griddle
- 1 loaf pumpkin brioche bread 8-10 thick slices
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup optional topping
- In a large shallow dish, whisk eggs and melted butter. Add milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well to combine.
- Add slices of brioche bread to the egg mixture and let soak for 30-60 seconds on each side.
- Spray cooking spray on a skillet or griddle and heat to medium high heat. Add soaked bread and cook for 2 minutes on each side until desired color is reached. The outside should be crispy with a soft center.
- Top French toast with maple syrup and serve immediately.
- I use Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Brioche Twist bread, but you can use any brioche bread for this recipe.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can get a similar flavor by mixing cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger together.
- If using plain brioche bread, add more pumpkin pie spice to achieve the pumpkin flavor.