Cranberry Orange Panettone Bread Pudding with Limoncello Sauce is a delightful combination of savory and sweet flavors. It's refreshingly decadent and filled with bursts of berries and citrus.
This easy to make dessert is a family favorite and a crowd pleaser - it serves 12, so it's prefect to make for large gatherings.
In my opinion, the panettone from Farm to Market Bread Co. is the best for making this bread pudding recipe. They are based in Kansas City, MO but will ship all over. I order their panettone and have it delivered to my home in Texas every year for the holidays.
- Panettone - Panettone is a tall, dome shaped Italian sweet bread. It's delicate and airy with a sweet, rich flavor. This bread is typically prepared and enjoyed for Christmas and New Year.
- Heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Limoncello sauce - Limoncello, powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest
How to Make Panettone Bread Pudding
I'm more of a cook than a baker, so I love that this delicious bread pudding recipe is simple to make. This dessert is tried-and-true and a family staple in our home every year around Christmas and New Year.
Start with a loaf of panettone bread. The bread I use has cranberries and oranges, but you can use any flavor of panettone.
First, chop the bread into cubes and place them in a greased baking pan. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, heavy cream, milk, and sugar. Mix well than pour the mixture over the cubes of bread. Let everything sit and soak for about 30 minutes then put in the oven to bake.
How to Make Limoncello Sauce
For an added citrus flavor, I make a Limoncello sauce to pour on top of the bread pudding. Limoncello is an Italian lemon flavored liqueur. The Limoncello sauce adds another burst of citrus and makes this dessert even sweeter.
To make the glaze, combine Limoncello, powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a a saucepan and heat until dissolved. Spoon Limoncello glaze over each serving.
More Sweet Recipes
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberries
- Healthy Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Simple and Quick Berry Compote
- Stuffed Nutella Pancakes
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Panettone Bread Pudding with Limoncello Sauce
- Baking dish (9x13)
- 1 loaf Cranberry Orange Panettone bread cut into cubes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
Limoncello Glaze (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons Limoncello liqueur
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF
- In a greased 9x13 baking pan, add cubed panettone bread.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, and heavy cream. Pour mixture over chopped bread and allow to sit and soak for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Directions for Limoncello Glaze (optional)
- Heat all ingredients needed for Limoncello glaze in a sauce pan until sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon glaze over individual servings of the bread pudding.
- You can make bread pudding with any type or flavor of bread, if you can't find cranberry orange panettone.