Low Carb Big Mac Salad
It’s burger night - but let’s make it a salad! This tasty Low-Carb Big Mac Salad packs all of the flavor you love into a much healthier, lower carb, and less processed version of the real deal.
My guilty pleasure is a Big Mac, but on days that I want to indulge without feeling guilty, I make this Big Mac bowl. This Big Mac bowl recipe is quick and easy to make and perfect for meal prepping.
What You Will Need:
The seasoned ground beef and thousand island salad dressing makes this Big Mac bowl recipe truly taste like a Big Mac.
- Ground Beef
- Spices - Season the ground beef to transform the flavor into a burger patty.
- Special Sauce - aka Thousand Island dressing
- Toppings: pickles (my favorite!), tomatoes, red onion, cheese, and croutons
Let's Make This Low Carb Big Mac Salad!
Skip the drive-thru! This Low-Carb Big Mac Salad is packed with flavor and is so simple to make! A cheeseburger salad with thousand island dressing will have you saying "this tastes like a healthy Big Mac!"
First, brown the ground beef and season it to taste like the perfect burger patty. Cook the ground beef for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains in the middle of the pieces. Ground beef is fully cooked at 160 ºF.
While the beef is cooking, start cutting up your "burger" toppings. I load my real burgers up with pickles, so obviously I do the same with this salad. Trust me, pickles on a salad is a game-changer! I slice the pickles and cherry tomatoes in half and dice red onions. A true McDonald's Big Mac is made with white onions, but I prefer using red onions on this salad.
Extra cheese please! Give your Big Mac in a bowl a cheeseburger vibe with plenty of shredded cheese. I use Cheddar or Colby Jack, but any cheese will do. After all your toppings are prepped and your beef is cooked, it's time to assemble your salad.
In my opinion, this salad truly has a Big Mac flavor when you top it with Thousand Island dressing. Thousand Island is the perfect keto Big Mac sauce.
Note: The lettuce will wilt and the cheese will melt if you add hot ground beef to the salad. I let the ground beef cool for a few minutes before adding it to the salad.
More Recipes to Try:
- Secret to the BEST Burger
- Buffalo Chicken Bowl
- Low-Carb Spicy Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
- Air Fryer Cheez-It Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts Salad
Low Carb Big Mac Salad
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce of choice (I use Romaine Lettuce)
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Toppings: pickles, cherry tomatoes, red onion, shredded cheese, croutons
- Add ground beef to a large skillet and cook on medium-high heat.
- Mix all spices in with ground beef, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the ground beef for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains in the middle of the pieces. Ground beef is fully cooked at 160 ºF.
- While the beef is cooking, prep the toppings ingredients. Slice pickles and cherry tomatoes in half and dice red onions.
- When beef is fully cooked and the toppings are prepared, you can begin assembling the salad.
Leave a Reply