Brighten up your next lunch or dinner with a healthy Greek Salmon Quinoa Bowl made in only 25 minutes. This dish will transport you to the Mediterranean coast with a garlic and Dijon marinated salmon baked to perfection and placed on a bed of lemony quinoa salad tossed with fresh veggies, olives, and feta.
Seafood, especially salmon recipes because of their health benefits, are in our meal rotation a few times a week.
We love creating bowls in our kitchen because they are easy to make, nutritionally balanced, and customizable to each individuals taste preference. Try more of our favorite bowls like this harissa honey chicken bowl or spicy salmon bowl.
Why We Love this Recipe
This flavorful salmon quinoa bowl brings the flavors of Greece to your kitchen.
- Quick: Healthy meals don't have to take long, throw this quick and easy meal together in about 25 minutes.
- Healthy: This recipe is macro-friendly, a delicious mix of protein, fat, carbs, and fiber, making it a well balanced meal.
- Customizable: It's easy to add or subtract ingredients based on your personal taste preference.
- Easy meal prep: We love to make this bowl and pre-portion it into glass containers for lunch meal prep throughout the week.
Ingredients for Salmon Quinoa Bowls
All ingredients and measurements for this quinoa bowl with salmon can be found in the recipe card.
- Salmon: high in protein, healthy fats, and vitamins. We marinate our Greek salmon in olive oil, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic cloves, and Greek seasoning.
- Quinoa: a gluten-free whole grain that has a mild, slightly nutty flavor. We use a microwavable bag of tricolor quinoa for this recipe.
- Greek seasoning: We use a store-bought seasoning, but you can blend your own with garlic and onion powder, oregano, dill, and parsley.
- Quinoa salad: dressed with Greek vinaigrette and tossed with kalamata olives, red onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- Hummus: add a dollop of hummus to your bowl for a creamy texture.
How to Make a Salmon Quinoa Bowl
We love this combination of salmon and quinoa because it's as tasty as it is healthy. The fluffy quinoa is packed with fresh produce, quality protein, and healthy fats for a complete meal.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat dry salmon fillets with a paper towel. Place salmon on a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Step 2: Combine Greek salmon marinade ingredients in a small bowl and brush the mixture on the salmon.
Step 3: Bake salmon in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. The internal temperature of the salmon should reach 145°F.
Step 4: While the salmon is baking, make the Greek quinoa salad for this bowl. It's best to have the quinoa cooked in advance, or use microwavable quinoa to make this meal quicker.
To the cooked quinoa, add Greek vinaigrette and toss to combine. Then stir in olives, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta. Set aside until your ready to assemble the bowl.
Step 5: Assemble the Greek salmon quinoa bowl by adding a layer of the quinoa mixture to the bottom of a bowl and top with the baked Greek salmon.
If you're a fan of hummus, add a dollop on the side of the dish. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the bowl before serving.
There are 624 calories in this Greek salmon quinoa bowl recipe.
To make quinoa taste better, season the water it's cooked in or cook it in chicken stock instead of water. When it's cooked toss it in a vinaigrette or sauce for extra flavor and add chopped veggies for crunch.
Yes, quinoa is healthier than rice because it's high in fiber, protein, and vitamins and has a lower glycemic index. Quinoa also contains all nine amino acids, which rice lacks.
Whether you have leftovers or are making this quinoa salmon bowl for meal prep, you want to store it properly. Wait until the salmon and quinoa have come to room temperature before storing. Store salmon quinoa salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
To reheat this dish, microwave it for 1 minute. Check for desired temperature and reheat another 30 seconds, if necessary.
Hungry for More?
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Enjoy!
Greek Salmon Quinoa Bowl
- Sheet Pan
- 4 salmon fillets about 1.5 pounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice freshly sqeezed
- 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- ⅓ cup Greek vinaigrette
- ¾ cup cucumber chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- hummus optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat dry salmon fillets with a paper towel. Place salmon on a sheet pan covered with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and Greek seasoning. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture all over the salmon.
- Bake salmon at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until salmon has reached an internal temperature of 145°F.
- While the salmon is baking, make the quinoa salad in a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine the cooked quinoa and Greek vinaigrette. Then add cucumbers, olives, cherry tomatoes, red onions, and feta cheese. Set aside.
- Assemble this Greek salmon quinoa bowl by adding a layer of the quinoa salad to the bottom of a bowl and top with the baked Greek salmon. Serve with a dollop of hummus on the side and a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.
- We don't add any salt or pepper to this dish because the store-bought Greek seasoning we use already contains both. Season to your liking.
- To make this salmon quinoa bowl quicker, we use a bag of microwavable quinoa that cooks in 90 seconds.