Indulge in the holiday spirit with our Chocolate Peppermint Martini. Creamy, festive, and oh-so-decadent, it's the perfect cocktail for a holiday party or cozy winter night. Cheers to the season of sweet sips!
With only 3-ingredients, this chocolate peppermint martini will fill your cup with cheer and be your go-to dessert drink of the season. The classic combination of chocolate and peppermint pair perfectly with Christmas and this easy holiday cocktail.
I will guide you through how to rim a cocktail glass with sugar sprinkles and whip up this Christmas martini in under 5 minutes.
We took our classic chocolate martini and put a festive twist on it! We love to drink cocktails with peppermint schnapps in the winter and this one is our favorites - think thin mint martini!
Why We Love this Recipe
- Festive and refreshing: This peppermint martini has a creamy, minty fresh flavor that will delight your taste buds and impress your guests.
- Classic flavor pairing: Peppermint and chocolate go hand in hand, especially around the holidays. If you love to snack on peppermint bark, this drink is for you!
- Simple to make: This easy Christmas martini only has 3 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to make.
- Chocolate liqueur (or Creme de Cacao) is a chocolate-flavored liqueur made by combining a distilled spirit with chocolate and cream. Chocolate liqueur has a creamy chocolatey flavor and subtle sweetness. Our favorite is Godiva chocolate liqueur, but any brand will work.
- Peppermint schnapps is a strong mint-flavored distilled spirit that tastes like a liquid candy cane.
- Vodka: Since there are only a few ingredient in this martini, it's important to choose a good quality vodka.
How to Make a Chocolate Peppermint Martini
We love making easy cocktails and this chocolate peppermint martini recipe is no different. Simply shake up chocolate liqueur, peppermint schnapps, and vodka for a mint chocolate martini that's sure to impress.
Step 1: Rim a chilled cocktail glass with sprinkles and set aside. To a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice and chocolate liqueur.
Step 2: Add peppermint schnapps and vodka to the cocktail shaker.
Step 3: Put the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake for 20-30 seconds until the mixture is well combined and chilled. Pour into a glass and garnish with a candy cane.
How to Rim a Cocktail Glass
An easy way to make your cocktails stand out is by rimming the glass with a fun garnish. This part is optional, but it does add a festive touch. We use these red sprinkles, but you can use green sprinkles or crushed candy canes.
To make our chocolate peppermint martinis, we rim martini glasses with red sugar sprinkles and hang a candy cane off the side.
Step 1: Start by wetting the rim of a chilled glass by running a sliced lime or lemon around the edge. If you don't have a citrus, you can dip the rim in honey or chocolate syrup.
Step 2: Dip the rim into a plate or bowl of sprinkles and push down lightly.
Step 3: Gently pick up the glass and observe. If some spots aren't completely covered in sprinkles, repeat 'step 2' until the entire rim is covered in sprinkles. Finally, pour in the peppermint chocolate martini and enjoy!
- We love to make this into a white chocolate peppermint martini by using a white chocolate liqueur instead of milk or dark chocolate.
- If you want a more mild peppermint flavor, creme de menthe is a good substitute for peppermint schnapps as it has a smoother and less powerful mint flavor.
- Enhance the chocolaty goodness by incorporating a dash of chocolate syrup into the cocktail shaker or artfully drizzling it inside the martini glass.
More Holiday Cocktails
If you try this recipe or any recipe from Happy Honey Kitchen, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Cheers!
Chocolate Peppermint Martini
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz peppermint schnapps
- Prepare a chilled martini glass by rimming it with sprinkles and set it aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice, vodka, chocolate liqueur, and peppermint schnapps.
- Cover the cocktail shaker with its lid and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds until the mixture is thoroughly blended and chilled. Pour chocolate peppermint martini into the glass and garnish with a candy cane.
- Make this drink extra chocolatey by adding a squeeze of chocolate syrup to the cocktail shaker or drizzling chocolate syrup around the inside of the martini glass.
- Replace chocolate liqueur with white chocolate liqueur to make a white chocolate peppermint martini.