Sherry Cream Sauce for Lobster Ravioli
When I say this is the Best Sherry Cream Sauce for Lobster Ravioli I mean it! This decedent creamy sauce is packed with flavor. It’s the best sauce with lobster ravioli (or any ravioli, really!) that I’ve ever tried.
If you are looking for what to serve with lobster ravioli or what to serve with lobster tails, this sherry cream sauce is your answer! This creamy ravioli lobster sauce recipe will become a fast favorite and a special treat to serve your family and friends.
Check this recipe out if you enjoy cooking seafood Blackened Salmon Bowl with Creamy Jalapeño Salsa
When I recently bought this Trader Joe’s lobster ravioli I was so excited to get it home and cook until I realized I didn’t have a sauce recipe for lobster ravioli. What sauce goes with lobster ravioli? This lobster ravioli sauce is the answer!
I knew I wanted a cream sauce for lobster ravioli and I knew sherry pairs well with both cream and lobster. So, I decided to make a lobster sherry cream sauce. In my opinion, this is the best sauce for lobster ravioli, but it’s also a delicious sauce for lobster tails and other seafood, such as: shrimp and white fish.
Ravioli is one a my favorite foods – pasta stuffed with a delicious filling – it’s the perfect bite! I’m a huge fan of Trader Joe’s ravioli so I knew I was making a good choice buying this lobster stuffed pasta.
What You Will Need to make Sherry Cream Sauce for Lobster Ravioli:
- Lobster Ravioli – I used Trader Joe’s ravioli for this recipe, but you can buy any type of ravioli to make this recipe. I also love using shrimp ravioli or cheese tortellini.
- Dry Sherry Wine – Sherry wine is a fortified wine made from white grapes that are grown in Spain. Although you can drink it, I prefer to use dry sherry for cooking and adding flavor to sauces.
- Heavy Cream
- Garlic and Shallot – Use both! Garlic and shallots share complimentary flavors and will boost the flavor of this sauce.
- Cooked Lobster Tail – This is an optional ingredient. I cooked a lobster tail in the oven, chopped the meat, and added it to this lobster ravioli sauce for extra protein and flavor. You can also use imitation lobster.
How to Make Sherry Cream Sauce for Lobster Ravioli
This lobster ravioli sauce recipe comes together quick, so you can have a gourmet meal at home in under 20 minutes. I love to make this lobster ravioli with cream sauce for an easy date night meal. Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
To make this creamy sauce for lobster ravioli, start by cooking garlic and shallots in a saucepan with butter. Once the garlic and shallots have softened add the dry sherry wine.
Cook the sherry on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until the alcohol has cooked off and the sauce is reduced by half. Next, add the cream, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally until the sauce begins to thicken.
I wanted to make this meal extra special, so I cooked lobster tails, chopped them into bite-sized pieces, and added the lobster meat to the sherry cream sauce.
If you are in a pinch, you can use a dry white wine or another fortified wine as a sub for dry sherry. If you use a dry white wine, I would use Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. Keep in mind, this will change the original flavor and you will have a white wine sauce for lobster ravioli. If you don’t have a dry white wine, I suggest using a fortified wine, such as dry vermouth. Dry vermouth can be used as replacement for cooking sherry.
Ideally, you should thaw frozen ravioli before cooking it. You ensure the ravioli will cook evenly by thawing it beforehand. If you have time to thaw the ravioli slowly, put it in the refrigerator the night before. If you need to thaw frozen ravioli quick, put it in a colander in the sink and run cold water over it for a few minutes.
The best lobster ravioli sauce is usually a cream or butter based sauce. If you love this recipe and want to make another easy sauce for lobster ravioli, here is some inspiration: lobster ravioli vodka sauce – lemon butter sauce for lobster ravioli – garlic butter sauce for lobster ravioli – butter sauce for lobster ravioli – pink sauce for lobster ravioli – white sauce for lobster ravioli.
More Seafood Recipes to Try:
Sherry Cream Sauce for Lobster Ravioli
- Small saucepan
- Large pot for boiling ravioli
- 1 package lobster ravioli
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/3 cup dry sherry wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces bite-sized lobster pieces cooked
- lemon, chives, cheese garnish
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. On medium heat sauté garlic and shallots for 2-3 minutes until they have have softened.
- Add dry sherry wine to saucepan. Cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes until liquid has reduced by half.
- Add cream, paprika, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
- If you are adding lobster meat to your recipe, add the lobster to the saucepan now or wait to top the ravioli with lobster.
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions. Serve sauce over ravioli and garnish with lemon, chives and parmesan cheese.
- Be careful cooking with alcohol, keep the dry sherry wine away from flames.
- Cook the lobster separately or use imitation lobster.
- You can garnish the lobster ravioli with lemon, chives, and cheese.